Effective as of September 1, 2021
- We do not and will not sell your information. We don’t help companies advertise their products to you.
- We offer a free service and hope you will upgrade to our paid service versions. That’s the only way we make money.
- We use a small number of trusted third parties to help provide our products.
- If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, you can contact us.
What is DBinvent’s business model?
DBinvent offers a free and paid software and services. To make money, we encourage the users of our free software or service version to upgrade to a paid version. We don’t help third parties to advertise their products to you. We also do not—and will not—sell your information.
Information collection and use
What Information does DBinvent collect about me?
When you interact with our Site, Software, and/or Services, we collect information that could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”). Some of the information we collect is stored in a manner that cannot be linked back to you (“Non-Personal Data”).
Information you provide us when you create an account
When you sign up for or use our Services, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Data, including:
- Your username, email address, contact and language preferences. If you log into DBinvent with a social networking credential, such as with your GitHub or LinkedIn account, we will ask permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name and email address. You can stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing DBinvent’s access to that account.
Information you provide to our e-commerce provider
Your payment information, if you are a paying customer. This is required to complete a commercial transaction on our e-commerce provider's Site. We do not collect your payment information. Instead of processing payments ourselves, we use trusted third-party - Stripe (https://stripe.com/).
Other Information we collect
We collect your database connection information like host and database names if you've permitted us to do this when creating a license for our Rumba RDBM software.
Information collected from other sources
How does DBinvent use my Information?
We use, process, and store your Information as necessary to perform our contract with you, for licensing our software and services usage to you, and for our legitimate business interests, including:
- To help us provide and administer our Site, Software, and/or Services, authenticate users for security purposes, provide personalized user features and access, process transactions, conduct research, develop new features, and improve the features, algorithms, and usability of our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Site, Software, and/or Services, product announcements, and software updates, as well as respond to your requests for assistance, including providing account verification support if you’re having difficulty accessing your account.
- To send you direct marketing emails and special offers about DBinvent, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. We will only send you marketing information if you consent to us doing so at the time you create your account or any point thereafter.
- To calculate aggregate statistics of our Site, Software, and/or Services usage, and to detect and prevent fraud and misuse of those.
Information access and disclosure
Does DBinvent share my Information?
We only disclose Personal Data to third parties when…
- …we use service providers who assist us in meeting business operations needs, including hosting, delivering, and improving our Services. We also use service providers for specific services and functions, including email communication, customer support services, and analytics. These service providers may only access, process, or store Personal Data pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us.
- …we have your explicit consent to share your Personal Data.
- …we believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of the Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property, or the systems on which we operate our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- …we determine that the access, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Data is required by law to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of DBinvent and users of our Site, Software, and/or Services, or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including national security or law enforcement requests.
DBinvent does not share your Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you.
Does DBinvent sell or rent my Personal Data?
No, DBinvent does not sell or rent your Personal Data.
How do third-party apps and plugins work?
Some third-party applications and services that work with us may ask for permission to access your Information. Those applications will provide you with notice and request your consent in order to obtain such access or information. Please consider your selection of such applications and services, and your permissions, carefully.
Some third parties’ embedded content or plugins on our Site and/or Software, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, may allow their operators to learn that you have visited the Site, and they may combine this knowledge with other data they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services that can identify you.
Data collected by third parties through these apps and plugins is subject to each parties’ own policies. We encourage you to read those policies and understand how other companies use your data.
Will DBinvent send me emails?
From time to time, we may want to contact you with information about product announcements, software updates, and special offers. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within DBinvent emails and changing your contact preferences in User Cabinet. All DBinvent account holders will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Services, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
Does DBinvent ever make any of my Personal Data public?
No, we do not share Personal Data.
Data storage, transfer, retention, and deletion
Where is my Information stored?
Information submitted to DBinvent will be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States. When you use the Software on your computing device, licensing information will be stored locally on that device and synced with our servers. If you post or transfer any Information to or through our Site, Software, and/or Services, you are agreeing to such Information, including Personal Data, being hosted and accessed in the United States. Please note that the laws of the United States may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident.
How secure is my Information?
DBinvent is committed to protecting the security of your Information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of Information you transmit to us, including Personal Data; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
We use industry-standard encryption to protect your data in transit and at rest.
Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of technical, physical, and logical security safeguards. The security of the data stored locally in any of our Software installed on your computing device requires that you make use of the security features of your device. We recommend that you take the appropriate steps to secure all computing devices that you use in connection with our Site, Software, and/or Services.
If DBinvent learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on the Site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
How can I delete my Personal Data from DBinvent?
You can remove your Personal Data from DBinvent at any time by asking our support team to delete your account. Please note that, for security reasons, subscribers of our paid services will first be instructed to cancel their subscriptions before they can delete their DBinvent account.
How long is Personal Data retained?
You can remove your Personal Data from DBinvent at any time by deleting your account as described above. However, we may keep some of your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests, including fraud detection and prevention and to comply with our legal obligations including tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
What happens if DBinvent closes my account?
If DBinvent closes your account due to your violation of the Terms of Service, then you may contact DBinvent to request deletion of your data. DBinvent will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
As DBinvent evolves, we may need to update this Policy to keep pace with changes in our Site, Software, and Services, our business, and laws applicable to us and you. We will, however, always maintain our commitment to respect your privacy. We will notify you of any material changes that impact your rights under this Policy by email (to your most recently provided email address) or post any other revisions to this Policy, along with their effective date, in an easy-to-find area of the Site, so we recommend that you periodically check back here to stay informed of any changes. Please note that your continued use of DBinvent after any change means that you agree with and consent to be bound by the new Policy. If you disagree with any changes in this Policy and do not wish your information to be subject to it, you will need to delete your DBinvent account.